Monday, July 11, 2016

The Night Before the Initial Screening

God was with me today, all day long.  I could feel him from the beginning of the day, all the way to the hotel this evening.  Sure, there were inconveniences and frustrations today, what day is complete without them?  If you go through a day without inconveniences or frustrations, check your pulse, because you probably aren’t breathing.


It started with this Oola post:
















Then it was followed by the verse of the day:



















Followed by my devotional, which summarized, talked about being a Hope Foot Soldier, and speaking about when we have despair or grief, because through that we share true stories of hope.  One of the paragraphs I like best reads:

"There’s a faith-law that suggests hope comes easy as pie, that it comes natural to Christians who love God.  But the truth is that if we really want grace, joy, hope, and resistance in this life, we will have to struggle like heck to cultivate them.  They easily get choked out by the weeds of evil, suffering, and loneliness.  But I know you’ve seen those crazy green shoots growing up even through concrete.  The truth is, we can grow them on any street.” –Jacqueline Bussie, Outlaw Christian: Finding Authentic Faith

Lastly, the fortune in my fortune cookie from dinner tonight: 















Although, arguably, this could also apply to my dream of becoming a social worker, and making application to OU this fall to do that, but we're going to apply it both places, because it's my fortune cookie, and I can.

Messages of hope, faith, gratitude, and love pounded me today.  So I sit here in my hotel room, with my sister-in-law whom I haven't spent time with in years, having faith that tomorrow is going to work out exactly as it should.  We’ve been praying for this day for years.  God brought us this far, and I have faith that we will hear good news tomorrow.

Thank you all for your continued prayers.  We need steady numbers tomorrow, specifically lower long QTC numbers, at least within range, for her to be considered for the study.  I will post an update tomorrow 

2 comments:

  1. Said prayers specific for the screening this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Said prayers specific for the screening this morning.

    ReplyDelete